The Farnham Pilgrim was awarded a trophy for the “Best New Event” after its inaugural running in 2010. Since that date it has been consistently highly-rated by participants, and Runners World places it in the TOP TEN marathons for 2015.
Farnham Pilgrim Marathon (incorporating a Half Marathon) is possibly one of the toughest, prettiest trail marathons / half marathons in the UK. It is set to be one of the “must-do” events of the year again! The route is challenging and hilly – after all it is the Surrey Hills! This is no ordinary marathon. It is a unique, bespoke event with the option of a Half Marathon and Family Walk, with a whole lot of other activities to keep your supporters happy.
- There will be a Free Family Fun Walk (Donations to charity)
- Children’s play area on site.
- Bacon sandwiches available from Woodlarks, plus a coffee van.
- Free supervised parking.
- Loads of toilets.
- Changing tent with bag store.
- First Aid and radio support.
- Marked and well-marshalled route (the maximum distance between water-stations is 2.4 miles!)
- Massage service available.
- Bespoke Medals to all finishers.
- Men : 1st / 2nd / 3rd Vets 1st Over 40, 1st Over 50, 1st Over 60
Women : 1st / 2nd / 3rd Vets 1st Over 35, 1st Over 45, 1st Over 55
(other prizes depending on number of entries in each category)
Start/Finish: The Sands Recreation Ground (opposite The Barley Mow pub), The Sands, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 1NE. OS Grid Reference SU 883464