Farnham Pilgrim 2020
Sunday 13th September
Farnham Pilgrim Marathon ( or Half Marathon) has been described as possibly one of the prettiest trail Events in the UK. It is set to be one of the “must-do” events of the year again! The route is equally challenging but rewarding after all it is the Surrey Hills! The Farnham Pilgrim was awarded a trophy for the “Best New Event” after its inaugural running in 2010. Since that date it has been consistently highly-rated by participants.
This is no ordinary Trail marathon, Its more of a Pilgrimage taking the Pilgrims way and North downs Way, passing 5 churches, an abbey, 2 Manor houses, ponds, rivers, old mills, Vineyards, even Llamas on the Marathon course! with stunning scenery. It is a unique, bespoke event with the option of a Half Marathon Run (or walk) The Marathon halfway point, reaches the amazing St.Marthas church.
With a whole lot of other activities to keep your supporters happy.
- There will be a Free Family Fun Walk (Donations to charity)
- Children’s play area on site.
- Bacon sandwiches available from Woodlarks, plus a coffee van.
- Free supervised parking.
- Loads of toilets.
- Local hotels – Special Deal at Bush hotel – Farnham (including a Pasta party on the Saturday Afternoon.
- Changing tent with bag store.
- First Aid and radio support.
- Marked and well-marshalled route (the maximum distance between water-stations is 2.4 miles!)
- Massage service available.
Bespoke Medals to all finishers
Pilgrim Technical T-shirt to pick up when you collect number, so you can wear on the day.
Men – 1st 2nd 3rd place + 1st place only in Veterans V30-39, V40-49, V50-59, V60+
Women – 1st 2nd 3rd place + 1st place only in Veterans V30-39, V40-49, V50-59, V60+
Team first 3 over line with same TEAM Name
(other prizes depending on number of entries in each category)
Start/Finish: The Sands Recreation Ground (opposite The Barley Mow pub), The Sands, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 1NE. OS Grid Reference SU 883464
Sponsors of the Farnham Pilgrim Marathon