Farnham Pilgrim 2019
This will be the 10th Edition of the Pilgrim Marathon or Half – So to Celebrate we are going the Opposite Way, to the previous 9 years !!
Farnham Pilgrim Marathon ( or Half Marathon) is possibly one of the prettiest trail Events in the UK. It is set to be one of the “must-do” events of the year again! The route is going the other way this year so equally challenging but rewarding after all it is the Surrey Hills!
The Farnham Pilgrim was awarded a trophy for the “Best New Event” after its inaugural running in 2010. Since that date it has been consistently highly-rated by participants. This is no ordinary Trail marathon, Its more of a Pilgrimage taking the Pilgrims way and North downs Way, passing 4 churches, manor houses, ponds, rivers, even Llamas on the Marathon! with stunning scenery. It is a unique, bespoke event with the option of a Half Marathon Run or walk and Family Walk. The Marathon halfway point, reaches the amasing St.Marthas church.
With a whole lot of other activities to keep your supporters happy. The Farnham Pilgrim was awarded a trophy for the “Best New Event” after its inaugural running in 2010. Since that date it has been consistently highly-rated by participants, and Runners World places it in the TOP TEN marathons for 2015.
- There will be a Free Family Fun Walk (Donations to charity)
- Children’s play area on site.
- Bacon sandwiches available from Woodlarks, plus a coffee van.
- Free supervised parking.
- Loads of toilets.
- Changing tent with bag store.
- First Aid and radio support.
- Marked and well-marshalled route (the maximum distance between water-stations is 2.4 miles!)
- Massage service available.
- Bespoke Medals to all finishers, with a 10th year Special Memento.
- Prizes Men : 1st / 2nd / 3rd Vets 1st Over 40, 1st Over 50, 1st Over 60
Women : 1st / 2nd / 3rd Vets 1st Over 35, 1st Over 45, 1st Over 55
(other prizes depending on number of entries in each category)
Start/Finish: The Sands Recreation Ground (opposite The Barley Mow pub), The Sands, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 1NE. OS Grid Reference SU 883464
Sponsors of the Farnham Pilgrim Marathon